- This application can be rather lengthy, as we ask some in-depth questions about your life and faith. It would be wise to set aside 30 minutes to complete.
If you cannot complete this application in one session, scroll to "Save and Continue Later" next to the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page to finish at a later time.
- Due Dates:
* Early Bird - February 28th, 2023
* Last Chance - April 15th, 2023
- Have Questions?
Contact Tricia Alberts at email@example.com or 1-573-896-6095
As it appears on your driver's license.
You will need to own a pair of khaki pants or khaki skirt to wear with your polo.
Sports Crusaders is a racially diverse ministry where our missionaries are expected to see all people equal and as God's people. Discrimination or mistreatment of individuals based on race will be terms for automatic dismissal.
* It is determined your current convictions are strong and consistent with scripture. * A significant track record of obedient Christian living has been established. * All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. There is no condemnation. * We promise to protect you and keep your information in the utmost confidentiality.
* We ask for you to be honest in your answers.
If you are hired you will be fully trained in how to share your faith.
- The following questions can be answered offline on a separate document and uploaded (see below). If you choose to answer on a separate document, please indicate "See Attached" in the space provided.
The undersigned hereby authorizes Sports Crusaders of Holts Summit, Missouri, to review and obtain from any criminal record agency any and all records, documents, or other information concerning my background including, but not limited to criminal records, character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and work ethic. This information will be used to establish my eligibility for working in a children’s sports ministry program for the sole purpose of protecting our children, our partners, and our reputation. A photo static copy of this authorization shall be considered as effective and valid as the original.
We reimburse travel at $.35 per mile. Our teams are generally made up of 4 members. We highly encourage our summer staff to ride together as much as possible so that we may be good stewards of the funds provided for camps. As a rule we only pay for two cars to go to each camp. Travel to meet up with the team will be reimbursed within reasonable situations.
Exemptions for reimbursement include: Out-of-state students to go home between camps, travel to go see other teams in the area of your camp, mileage which is otherwise provided by the hosting church. For example: filling your tanks while at the camp; also extracurricular activities during your “free” time is not reimbursable.
From the application process through the completion of service (August 2023) with Sports Crusaders, I commit to abstain from sex (unless married), alcohol, drugs, and behavior that is not edifying to Christ and this ministry. The following commitment form is to be signed and turned in with your application. It will be revisited at Leadership Training if you are hired as Summer Staff. It is a privilege to be called a Sports Crusader. Grace is God’s precious gift, but the expectation to be an example is required in word, conduct, faith, love and purity, (1Timothy 4:12). We hold the reputation and legacy of Christ’s ministry in high regard and expectation. Once a Sports Crusader, you are always a part of this family. Seriously consider your calling to this ministry prior to signing.
- Please provide the list of individuals who you have asked to recommend you as a summer missionary. Do not include yourself, relatives, or individuals, who do not know you personally. Give complete addresses for purposes of mailing and accurate phone numbers. We will be contacting them.
- As representatives of Sports Crusaders we will:
- Philippians 1:27
- In our telephone conversations we will answer the phone, identifying our organization, being positive and with a “smile” on our face.
- Our daily testimony will be of good character, in our dress, etiquette, finances, and all we do.
- As we participate in camps, youth activities, invitations to speak in churches, we will dress to be recognized as Sports Crusaders wearing our shirts, name badges, in a business like/Sports Crusader attire or in sports uniform to conduct camps or interact with children.
- If representing Sports Crusaders in ANY CAPACITY, we will dress so we can be recognized as Sports Crusaders. No short shorts, cut offs, or skirts, no cut out sleeves tops, 2 piece swimsuits, speedo, sports bras, tank tops, pajama bottoms, or yoga pants. If in doubt – DON’T.
- If attending a dinner or activity with a church, present yourself either in coordinating uniforms, or nice casual attire. For example: Khaki shorts(or the like), collared shirt or nice t-shirt for guys. Appropriate sundress or matching short and top outfit for girls.
- Ephesians 4:29
- In our speech and actions we will be positive, confidential, and edifying one another.
- Matthew 18:15-19
- Reconciliation will be done Biblically. If you have an offense with a brother or sister, you are to go directly to them with your offense. You are not to include others.
- Hebrew 10:25
- Be actively involved in our local church.
- I Corinthians 9:22
- To connect, grow and engage in activities to help others come to know Jesus Christ.
- Philippians 2:2
Be of like- mindedness in our philosophy of Sports Crusaders.
- Through common ground, meeting others where they are.
- Helping to grow others to come to know Jesus Christ.
- Engaging others to know and share about Jesus Christ.
- I Corinthians 9:7
- To be actively involved in personal and collective fundraising for the ministry of Sports Crusaders.
- I Peter 4:10, Romans 12:3-9:3
- To adhere and be submissive to our role in the ministry of Sports Crusaders, using the gifts God has given us. Not thinking of ourselves more highly than others.
- Philippians 4:8
- Our thoughts are above reproach, “whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lively, admirable, if anything is excellent or praise worthy – think about such things.”
You will have the week of the Fourth of July off.
I understand this commitment in its entirety and will be committed to fulfilling the full missionary journey.